Monday, March 5, 2007

Out of Baby's Mouth

A little background here.
I had Sahithi within 15 months of getting married, before my 25th birthday. Took both us a little time to mould ourselves into parenthood.
Madhu has been wanting another baby and I have been resisting.
Don’t get me wrong here. I LOVE babies. But am scared of thinking about having another one.


Yesterday we drove to SanDiego. It is a good 2 hours drive.
We had gone to visit my cousin and his wife. They had some friends over and Sahithi ended up having a gala time with all the kids.
On our way back this is what happened.

Madhu: Did u fun at mama's house Bangaru?
Sahithi: Yes Dada I had lots of fun. I played with Adi and Eric. Eric has a baby brother…

After a couple of minutes she goes

Sahithi: Every one has a baby brother. Eric has one too. Can I have a baby brother and a baby sister?

We were a little taken aback. She has been talking about baby brother and baby sister but never said she wanted one before.

Madhu: Yes baby. You can have one.
Sahithi: I want a baby brother and a baby sister OUT OF MOMY'S TUMMY. Otherwise they wont be my brother and sister.

I am kind of confused now. My lil and my other half are ready for another baby. Am I???

2 comments:

Tharini said...

awww....she's so sweet. I think girls are so sensitive that way. I know how you feel abt not feeling ready. I felt that way fro a long while too. But, at the end of it all its sooo worth it I think. Saying this from a little bit og experience, as I just had a second baby 7 weeks ago.

Sahithi's Mom... said...

I can't tell you how toen I am about it...there are just so very many mixed emotions..