Thursday, April 19, 2007

The five best things DH has done for me

I am taking up this tag from Poppin. I read the post and got thinking about Hubby Dear(HD from now on). Let me go ahead and list the things first.

1. HD loves his sleep. There could be an explosion or an earthquake and it wold not bother him in his sleep. When i was preggers, I had no appetite what so ever. I would force myself to eat. The only thing I had craving for was the junk food from TacoHell...aa aao.... That's TacoBell. And this craving would hit me between 1 AM and 3 AM, 2-3 times a week. And never ever did craving go unsatisfied. Poor thing worked from 11 AM - 10 PM and never said no to my crazy craving. His only silver lining was that a 24 hour Tacobell was only a couple of miles away.

2. The way he looks after my little brother. HD is not a man of many words. But I know that he genuinely cares about my brother and he thinks much more rationally for him than I do. This might not seem like much but I have seen how callously spouses can treat siblings and so this means a lot to me.

3. The way he takes of Sahithi. Well he is the father, he better do it right. But thats not always true. I have seen fathers for whom children are just a responsibility. And I had prayed that HD would be the kind of father I have. And he is. Sahithi is the apple of his eye and much more. He enjoys doing everything with her and for her, except the disciplining of course. That's my job.

4.His cleaning madness phase. Once in a while, he becomes this crazy person who cannot stand a single speck of dust, cannot see a single un-washed dish, will not accept one dirty piece of laundry around. He goes into this frenzied cleaning phase that can last 4-8 hours. The result being, counters and floors that I can use as mirrors to put my makeup on, blindingly bright sinks and bath tubs, simply put, a home out of a magazine. I simply LOVE this side of him.....I know I know, that's the selfish me speaking.

5. We work in the same building on different floors. So we car pool. Every single day he drops me the closest to the building before going and parking the car. It takes about 10-15 minutes to find a spot in the parking structure, park and go to work. And I get a chauffeur service every single day.

6. Cant help but add this. He thinks I am smarter than him and he has no complex about saying to anyone. The way he says it, with a slight tinge of pride in his tone always leaves me melting. I think he is much smarter than me but extremely lazy :):)

He does not know how much I appreciate these things in him. Not just these five,but a lot of other things too. And he is not aware of this blog. Am thinking of saving this a father's day present for him. We have our share of differences and fights but then i know that I can always count on him to be my piller of strength.

So, this post is for my Darling DH who loves me entirely with all my imperfections. And with this post I fell in love with him all over again.

3 comments:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Hey, thanks for taking up the tag..so you couldn't stop yourself at 5 huh ;) I am salivating at point #4, wish DH would do that someday ! :-)

Tharini said...

Hi sahithi's mom...just wanted to say that I enoyed reading your recent comment on my last post. I think you are well on ur way in Sahithi's spiritual induction. I love that she likes to do a puja with you. Its these little things that will get her interested. It inspired me to do this little ritual with Akhil too everyday. Thanks for that!

the mad momma said...

hell..you made me fall in love with him too!