Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fat tummies and Babies.......

Last week I could not go to see Sahithi's Soccer game. Her dad took her. They came back from the game and hubby dear told me that she was a little tired and the coach said that her energy level seems to be a little on lower side that day. Following conversation happened

Me : Bangaru, you did not have energy because you did not eat well. So you need to eat well.
Sahithi : Amma, I can't eat too much because I will get fat.

Me: *Absolutely shocked, telling myself I need to keep my cool* You will look very cute with chubby cheeks sweetheart.
Sahithi: But if I get fat my tummy will grow big. If my tummy grows big, I will have a baby and I am too small to have a baby. So, I have to stay thin. I can't get Fat amma.

Me:*Mouth hanging open, thinking of what to say*
Sahithi: *Continues her coloring*
Hubby Dear: * Laughing uncontrollably for the next few minutes*

On the hind sight, she figured out how babies happen. I am hoping that the birds and bees story can be put away for a long long loooong time.

15 comments:

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Hey Sahithi's mom,
first time here and couldn't help smiling at you daughter's wisdom :)
maybe the story can wait after all :)

http://d-orchid.blogspot.com

Savani said...

OMG. I am speechless and laughing my guts out.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing my gut out! Thank God for you'll, I will be much more prepared when the time comes.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, and how old is she ?? Bubbly thinks that God puts a little baby in mummy's tummy and the doctors take it out when its big enough !!

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

OMG !! Is she reading the mommy blogs too :)

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord. She's got her explanations already....

Shobana said...

Sahithi is definetly growing up. And I really am laughing and at the same time, thinking about what she said (maybe it is that dietitian in me that is thinking). But very funny.

Anusha said...

:) she is smart and very logical if you think abt it - preggie women hog all the time, no wonder their tummies get so fat! ;) "I am too small to have a baby" - LOL! what a darling!

mnamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mnamma said...

LOL! My god what candid thoughts and reasoning that Sahithi has - Reminds me of what M and N were saying a few days back "why did the Aunty eat the baby" when we went to a friend's baby shower :)

Anonymous said...

long time no post ?

Unknown said...

HOpe all is well, long time no post. BTW, you are tagged.

Tharini said...

Dear Sahithi's Mom : wanted to wish you and your husband a very very happy anniversary. Hope its turning out to be a nice day. And what a coincidence that it is also the day of Sathya Sai Baba's birthday!! :) Lucky you.

Sahithi's Mom... said...

All, I am so glad that you guys had a few laughs ..:):)

MN amma, That is even more hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL..

2b'smommy, Thankyou for checking on me. Promise that you will see a little more of me.

Kiran, Thank You and Tag will be done soon.

Tharini, You are the BESTEST, You remembered and wished me. Can not tell you how happy you have made me.Yes, it is the same day. And I come from a place very close to parthy too..

Sumana said...

LOL S's mom, I am still laughing. Well there might be something that would have definitely made her think or talk this way. Very funny.