Violence...
Don't know what else to name this post.
Today morning while on our way to drop Sahithi to school, we had to stop to give way to an ambulance.
The ambulance went by making loud ringing voices and we here from back seat
"Somebody died"
It just took me so much by surprise. The way she said it, in such a matter of fact manner.
I told her it could be that someone was seriously ill and that why ambulance was rushing.
But she was not ready to accept that. Kept repeating "Somebody died"
Then I ask her what does die mean.
Pat came the answer " Some one kills someone, then someone dies".
I cut short the conversation at that.
I am just so scared to even think about what else could be going on in her head.
1 comment:
We underestimate children and their capacity to take things in their stride... and yet i can understand how you felt... i guess this is just the first of many such moments for all of us...
Post a Comment