Life goes ahead..
It has just been so very hectic that sometimes I feel like I don't know what I am doing. I have been moved to a new team at work. It is almost like working in a new work place with everything being so very different from my old team.
I had to change Sahithi's school as her old school was sold. All the teachers left except the one who was Sahithi's teacher. And the new teacher that would have taught her was a brand new teacher with no credentials. But changing schools has been very hard on her. It has been almost four weeks and she still misses her old school and talks about it all the time. Every day is the same story, with her whining and crying that she wants to go back to her old school and we trying to explain to her that new school is good for her. This change has taken a toll on her as well as us. I am hoping that she will like the new school as much as her old one pretty soon so that all of us can retain our sanity soon.
In addition to music class, we started playing Soccer in U-6 AYSO league and a dance class. She has always enjoyed physical activity. So Soccer has been very good and she shows promise according to her coach. But dance is a little different. She is the youngest in the class of four and has been much slower than others. Teacher says that younger kids are much slower in learning initially so its OK. But somehow I think she has no aptitude for classical dance. She is happy doing her own free style for music around the house, but she is not taking well to structured teaching. She wants to take an art class on top of all these. What can I say, this child just has enormous amouts of energy.
2 comments:
Hi, I hope Sahithi settles down in her new school soon .. her adjustment process must be tough on you guys too .. and about all her ECAs .. Wow! :)
Hi, first time here!
Must be so tough for Sahithi, poor child. Its tough enough for us to handle change. For a child who doesnt understand why the change is happening, it must be quite unsettling.
Nice to meet you n Sahithi :)
Post a Comment