Friday, September 21, 2007

Sahithi's Demands

Last week on our way home this is the conversation I had with Sahithi..

Sahithi : Mama.....
Me : hmmmmmm....

Sahithi: I want to change my name
*This gets my full and complete attention*
Me: What do you want to change it to sweetheart..

Sahithi: I want to change my name to Jack.
Me: But Jack is a boy's name.

Sahithi: That's OK. I still want to change it to Jack.
Me: We will think about it when you are bigger.

Few minutes of silence and then

Sahithi: Mama...
Me: hmmm I am listening..

Sahithi: Can you please wipe this away * Showing the mole, which is on upper right corner of her lip*
Me: I can not wipe it away... It is a mole.

Sahithi: I don't like it. Let us try to erase it with an eraser.

I am hoping that she will like her own name much better than Jack and pray that day would come soon. And that there are people who would give an arm and a leg for that kind of mole .:):)

8 comments:

Trishna said...

hahaha so sweet! Your little girl is growing up! :)

Priya said...

We put so much thought into their names and then they grow up and want to change it ...heartbreaking isn't it? Sahithi is a beautiful name by the way, I am sure she will appreciate it when she grows older :)

Timepass said...

So cute..I guess at her age and with the school influence she might get such thoughts...

Sahithi's Mom... said...

Trisha, she is not so little any more..:):).

Kutti's mom, So true. I am hoping that she will appreciate it sooner than later..:):). BTW kutti is what I call Sahithi..

Timepass, It is school indeed. New school has been both good and bad for her..

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Kill for the mole indeed ! :) And I love the name Sahithi, it's beautiful. Jack is so lol funny, where did she get that idea?

Squiggles Mom said...

That is so funny! Clearly she knows what she wants!

alok said...

Plz tell her that rose by any other name will smell as sweet!

Sahithi's Mom... said...

Thank You Poppin.. I take the credit for the name :):).. No idea where she picked it up from..

Squiggles mom, That she does. She has always voiced her wants very vocally..

Alok, That is such a sweet thought!!!!! for her it should be "A candy by any other name tastes as good " :):):)